HashKey Exchange has achieved a groundbreaking milestone by obtaining licenses to offer crypto trading services to retail investors in Hong Kong, positioning itself as the first exchange in the region to do so. The upgraded licenses now allow the exchange to expand its services from serving professional investors to retail users, marking a significant advancement for the crypto industry in the area.
Livio Weng, COO of the HashKey Group, emphasized that the license upgrade and regulatory clarity surrounding crypto in Hong Kong would instill greater confidence in investors. This development comes in the wake of Hong Kong’s new crypto regulations, which have paved the way for licensed exchanges to cater to retail traders, previously limited to professional and institutional investors.
To enhance user experience and security, HashKey has partnered with Standard Chartered Bank, enabling seamless fiat currency deposit and withdrawal services on its platform. The exchange has also revamped its brand to reflect its new status as a virtual asset services provider, underlining its commitment to ensuring customer asset safety by keeping 98% of users’ assets in cold storage and the remaining 2% in hot wallets.
Moreover, HashKey has taken a pioneering step in the Asia-Pacific region by launching HashKey Brokerage, the only compliant over-the-counter (OTC) trading platform, specifically catering to high-net-worth investors engaged in bulk trading, ensuring access to high liquidity.
With user preregistration now open, HashKey is rewarding early registrants with HashKey EcoPoints (HSK), a testament to its dedication to providing a user-friendly experience to both retail traders and institutional firms. This move showcases the exchange’s commitment to improving transparency and boosting investor confidence in the evolving crypto landscape of Hong Kong.